Translate

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Another dawn will come.


My sentiments dissipate when darkness is expelled by light.  The sun radiates and casts my fears and worries out with the night.  They’re swept away in a breeze and rustle on the pavement with the leaves.  Never actually leaving but whirring around like mini cyclones just outside my door.  
I choke down a dry piece of motivation as I sip my freshly brewed ambition…sweetened and creamed for an easy transition from the cup to my soul.  I gaze out the window and watch as my complications whir themselves into a haze of dew veiled light.  The transition is complete to morning from night.  It’s now safe to exit.
The day is full and bursting with purpose.  My tiny cohort rides along on all my missions.  Strapped in her chair she shares my life in this seated position.  She bargains and negotiates as well as I and never hesitates to vocalize whenever she is is not pleased.  She’s my partner in crime.
We arrive back home before the sun wanes and dine on the glory of the day.  We wash it down with the nectar of success.  Then play games and wind down the last minutes of daylight together.  Undress and ready for bed.  I lay my tiny partner down to rest her head.  She dreams of fun filled times and nursery rhymes…I hope.
I retire to my room and watch as night sweeps light from the day.  Then darkness pushes my door open to return what’s rightfully mine.  It lays my mass of weighty mess on my back…right at the base of my neck.  Pushing down my shoulders and wrecks my disposition.  The pain draws tears and sometimes cynical laughter.  But I know another dawn will come.

No comments: