Translate

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

My heart was born and broke...


    I want to describe you to people.  I want to paint a picture of you so that when I talk about you others know exactly who you are.   To say you were beautiful inside and out does not seem like enough.  I don’t want to claim that you look like an actor who had a popular television sitcom in the eighties.  Even though I would watch his movies to feel close to you when we lived far apart.  It would not do you justice.  And it would only spark his image when I speak of you.  No.  That’s not you.  You are so much more.
    Today I listened to Debussy’s Clare de Lune.  It was a piano arrangement…no strings…no orchestra.  I stopped what I was doing to sit down and listen.  It starts out so simply…so sweetly.  It was like a kiss.  And as the complexity of the piece grew so did my interest.  I wanted to hear every bit of this story.  My heart opened up and I wanted everyone to hear what I heard and to feel what I felt.  There were amorous notes and tragic chords.  It lifted me and transcended me out into the open air.  And I floated there dreaming of things I had no real knowledge of…like a child.  My world had been illuminated.  And as the music wound down I drifted slowly back to earth…landing as if I was a feather.  Gliding gently to the left then the right until my soft touchdown.  The final notes whispered goodnight and I almost felt your nose touch my neck.
    Tears flowed quietly at the end because I was so touched by its beauty…and because I miss you.  I wanted to tell everyone you were here.  I wanted everyone to experience what I just knew…their hearts to be born and break all at once.  That is how I want people to see you.  That is what I want people to think of when you are mentioned.

No comments: