Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Too tired to name this shit...


The need to have good conversation with ease overwhelms me.  Painfully drawn out words followed by awkward silence are the order of the day.  It saddens me.  Where are the confessions and professions?  What’s happened to coffee and cigarettes and midnight ramblings followed by omelets and more coffee?  
Eyes burned by the sunrise squinting and smiling.  Desires interwoven with words and stares and glances and smirks and giggles.  Where is imagination?  Where is the how do you do?  Getting to know someone does not include asking about how big their tits are or if they like their mouth fucked.  Even if the answers are big and often does that make you want to get to know me?  Does it make you want to know what my desires and fears are as a human being?  No, it makes you want to get to know my tits and my mouth.  Well they are grounded and can’t come out to play. 
Deep to the core my values are old-fashioned however forthcoming I may be.  My wont is to volley words…pass them back and forth until the game meets matchpoint.  Then and only then can you advance to the next round.  You can’t just skip to the victory lap!  You can’t just walk up and claim your prize when you have not even played the game!
I’m tired.  It’s 5am and my metaphors are shit.  My lyricism is half past dead.  But my cynicism is brewing with the morning coffee.  I will sip slowly and in it dunk a big dry hunk of my disintegrating desires and choke them down.  Mmmm…the breakfast of failed champions.

2 comments:

Teresa Cypher said...

Nikki, you write so well. Do you network with other writers? Your voice is edgy, and that can be intimidating, but it can also be liberating for readers. I love the serial you have going. Have you ever heard of a site called sixsunday.com? You sign up there--its free, and then you post six sentences of your won work on your own blog. Other writers signed up at the site will visit and comment/critique. Nice group of people. Might be worth a look into. :-)

Nikki Irving-Miralrio said...

Thank you so much. I appreciate the compliment. I will most definitely check it out.