Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

There is Magic in Everything


The greatest thing about the internet, besides pictures of people having sex and pictures of food that people made, is that there are literally millions of stories out there to read.  They range of course from not noteworthy to beyond comprehension but the exploration is a thrill.  And besides writing and running around putting out fires that my daughter has set, and not little waste paper basket fires I mean devastating send in the jumpers and low-flying dousing planes fires, reading is my favorite pastime.  So I've decided to share with you some random blogs and writers that I follow for laughs, tears or in today’s case…fright.
When you’re ready to settle down at the end of a crisp autumn day sometimes there is nothing like a good scary tale to kiss you goodnight.   Having been a fan of Edgar Allen Poe and Alfred Hitchcock practically my entire life it would stand to reason that I found Randall Peterson’s blog; There is Magic In Everything to be a disturbing little treat.  Mr. Peterson writes a new tale of horror every Sunday, a noble mission that I have no idea how he pulls off.  But his site is full of fast reading little gems that are just the right amount of horror one craves before bedtime.
Some stories are serials and have two or three parts but if you scroll and poke around you’ll find the different segments.  His most recent post, It’s Coming This Way Part 2, is the first story you’ll encounter on the page.  Just scroll down a bit and you’ll find the beginning of the story that had been posted a week prior. The only downside to this site is the column on the right has teasers and illustrations of previously posted stories however they link to nothing.  It took me a bit of time to locate the list of Top Ten Most Popular Stories that linked to the actual posts.  It’s located in the right column a little more than half way down the page.  I did all the grunt work of clicking on things that lead to no where so you don’t have to.
Anyway, It’s fun and frightful and silly.  I will be tuning in on Sundays to read what’s next.  Check it out.  Might I suggest Frostman 419 and The Factory? Just make sure the doors are locked and you’ve checked the closets and under the bed before you turn out the lights.
Good night.

2 comments:

Teresa Cypher said...

Hi Nikki, Randall is such a talented writer! I am particulalry fond of "Santa Claws" :-) Nice to "meet" you! I'm glad that you've got the potty training in hand :-)

Nikki Irving-Miralrio said...

Thank you! It's a work in progress.